Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

the accident






I accidentely dropped this precious little soul yesterday.

There were a lot of tears to be had. More of mine than his in the end.  It's a difficult struggle to work out how I can hurt something so happy. so perfect. so divine.

As soon as the thought ran thru my mind that I was holding onto the bar instead of the chair part of his bouncy seat he was flat on the floor with a trickle of blood coming from his beautiful little nose and a loud terrified scream. It took him a long while to settle down and drift to sleep in my arms.

I had a rush of emotions that came to a head yesterday so I am feeling cleansed somehow and utterly in love with my beautiful 3rd baby. As I was apologising to Nic he said, "don't worry about it. shit happens!" I just wonder why shit happens to perfect little innocent souls.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

Hope you are both ok today, take care,

Mom said...

Awww Honey. That hurts everyone, doesn't it. I am so glad he is fine.....although you will remember that I let you go out the door in your walker and land on your head. Anything wrong with you?? :)
Love you.

Leonie Guld said...

Hey at least you didn't leave him alone with the sharp knives to play with..or maybe a bottle of scotch!!!! lol...its amazing how they DONT bounce!!!

Julie said...

They do make us pay when we forget to pay attention, don't they? Jimmy rolled (or wiggled?) off the bed when I turned my back while diapering him one day. He didn't stop screaming for an hour, which was five minutes after I'd had the hospital page his doctor. Thing is, they do "bounce", so to speak...You're a good mother. Nic's right. Shit does happen, although I'm sure those weren't the words you were looking for at the time. And don't be foolish - what were you apologizing to him for???