Monday, October 28, 2013

A Terrarium


I adore a homemade present - especially when it comes to the kids birthday parties.  They always seem to end up with so much landfill and plastic toys!

Gretta and I made a very special and simple terrarium for her gorgeous little friend Maeve who was turning seven.  A little bit of rock dust, a bit of lichen and some baby succulents, three jacks and a little dog to watch over things.

Happy to report a few weeks on that Maeve's terrarium is living well and growing heaps!

Do you like handmade gifts?  What about for children?
Share some inspiration with me!

x Amy
Posted by Picasa


sharon said...

now either I've not looked hard enough lately, but I'd not noticed your STUNNING blog header. Its just delightfully delicate and lovely.!

I've never tried a terrarium...found succulents to be somewhat fickle natured!

sharyn said...

Home made gifts are the best. Great blog post. x

Mom said...

Great idea!!

amber said...

very cool! i think my son, roman, would like one of these. i love handmade gifts. i try to make gifts, mostly, or buy handmade! they're better quality, and just more "love" in them <3